I like shopping, you know, the way I like breathing. It’s one of my favourite activities. I like it the way I liked the New Kids on the Block when I was 10 – I went to sleep cuddling my stereo while the boys crooned to me. I like it. A lot.
Here are some of the things I like about it:
1. I have this incredible ability to tune out everything that’s going on around me and browse until I find things that I love. It’s relaxing.
2. I honestly think that when I grab the handles of a carrier bag full of new stuff my brain drowns in a wave of endorphins.
3. I like pretty new things.
4. Shopping makes for great people watching.
5. I love, love, love hanging up new clothes in my closet.
I’ve committed to a shopping ban for the entire month of January. I have to follow through because I’ve said that I’m doing this outloud – to people. I’ve also committed to an alcohol free month. January is going to be so great.
Prepare for some grumpy posts dear readers.