Sometimes I get so excited about a new product launch that I buy it even if it’s received bad reviews. I just have to find out for myself that it’s really not that great.
It’s like planning a perfect evening: gently steaming bath, lots of pretty scented candles, a mug of hot tea, and a book about something motivational and uplifting. It never turns out like the plan. In reality I end up with a lukewarm bath, a candle forgotten on the kitchen table, my cat sitting on the side of the tub occasionally swiping me with his claws, and a bunch of YouTube videos. Not exactly as I’d imagined. *sigh*
So it is with the Blotterazzi by Beauty Blender. It’s ok. Not nearly as good as I had imagined. Basically the Blotterazzi is an absorbent sponge made from the same material as the original beauty blender. You pat it on oily spots and the sponge is supposed to soak up the excess. It kind of does that. A little bit.
My advice? Stick to blotting papers. They’re cheaper and they do a better job. Save your pennies for a cocktail or three on Friday.
It’s a new season and I’m ready for a new project.
I’ve been reading about capsule wardrobes for ages and I recently learned about Project 333. The basic idea is that you select 33 items from your wardrobe, including outerwear, shoes, and accessories, and wear only those items for the next three months.
I’m going to take the plunge and give it a try. I’m changing the rules a bit for myself so that the project works for me. I’m not including outwear or accessories, although I do tend to wear the same few pieces of jewelry pretty much every day. I’m not including outwear because my winter parka, scarf, hat, and mitts are necessities and I don’t consider them part of an outfit since I take them off as soon as I get inside.
Why am I doing this? I am so glad you asked! I have Reasons:
- I have some financial goals I’d like to achieve this year, including paying off my line of credit which has been hanging around for way too long. I am debt fatigued kittens.
- I want to buy a new car. I spent the last three weeks cruising around in a Honda Civic that’s older than I am (I dare anyone to challenge me on that) with a driver’s side window stuck halfway open. In the rainy season. It was unpleasant.
- I’d like to develop a clearer sense of my personal style, though I do know it’s built around solid basics and limited amounts of colour.
- I want to stop feeling like if I just buy one more thing my wardrobe will be perfect. It’s never going to happen.
- I’d like to save for the things I really want that cost a pretty penny such as a leather jacket and a (dare I say it?) vintage Chanel bag.
I’m not starting right this very second. It takes time to go through a wardrobe as
gargantuan huge full well established as mine.
I’ve started a Project 333 collection on Polyvore to help me work out what I need to include. I don’t necessarily have all of these pieces exactly in my wardrobe, but I picked pieces with the general feel of my favourites.
Oh. I forgot to mention, there’s no shopping with Project 333.
Once I’ve started the project I’m going to try to post daily outfits pictures on Instagram. @PoutineandPrada if you care to follow along.
What do you think?
P.S. My apologies about the code showing after the image. I’m rusty on HTML.
Hey guys! Hope you’re doing swell.
So, though I am loathe to admit it, fall is here (I live in the Yukon remember?). I’m not ready. I have Feelings about it.
That said, fall is my favourite season because of the fashion, changing leaves, pumpkin spice, and what have you. Here’s what’s on my radar this fall.
- Eating better and less.
I’ve been counting calories for a couple weeks now and Mr. P&P says that he can already see a difference. Ain’t he sweet? This app has been a huge help because it’s so easy to use. This website is a treasure trove of yummy and low fat recipes.
- Capsule wardrobes.
I’m definitely not ready to take the plunge myself but I love reading about other people’s experiences with building a capsule wardrobe. I also like watching videos about it.
- Speaking of a capsule wardrobe (ha ha) I’ve been wanting a new light weight winter coat for a few years now. The toggles fell off my old one and it also got all pilly.
- This all natural product line that my sister uses and which I have fallen in love with.
- This fragrance because it smells like a big ol’ bowl of freshly picked raspberries.
That’s about all I can think of at the moment. Au revoir pussycats!