Hi everyone! Welcome to the first post in a new series!
I have a shoebox full of empty products that I’ve finished up over the last few months.
What I’m going to do is give you the answers to 5 questions about each product:
1. What does the product claim to do?
2. Is the product effective?
3. Is the product good value for its price?
4. Did I enjoy using the product?
5. Would I repurchase the product?
Product #1: AG fast food leave on condition
1. AG says that fast food will “nourish, detangle and help prevent split ends while adding weightless condition to dry, lifeless hair.”
2. I do think this leave in conditioner is effective. It really helped to give my curls definition without weighing my hair down. It also left my hair feeling really soft.
3. I can’t remember what I paid for this but it wasn’t super expensive. It is definitely good value though, because it does exactly what it’s supposed to and lasted at least a year. A dime sized amount was enough for all of my hair.
4. I definitely enjoyed this stuff. The scent is divine; it smells like candy. The formula is light and non-greasy.
5. I would repurchase fast food. I’m not going to right now because I’m using a L’Oreal spray on leave in conditioner at the moment, but when that’s used up I will keep an eye out for the AG one.
So there you have it! I’d really appreciate hearing your thoughts on this post. Did I give enough information? Are there more questions you’d like answered? Share!!
I rarely talk about products that I don’t like here; mostly because it’s more fun to review things I do like. That said, when something is particularly bad I feel it’s important to tell you about it. Kind of like a public service, n’est-ce pas?
I was at Shopper’s a month or so ago picking up a few indulgences neccessities, and at the last minute tossed a bottle of Origins Zero Oil into my basket. I can’t resist a product that promises oil control.
The bottle says “Instant matte finish for shiny places.” I have shiny places friends. You can apply this under or on top of make-up. I’ve been using it faithfully for a month now. It doesn’t work; not even a little bit. I still have to blot as much as ever. I haven’t noticed even the slightest change in my skin. The product feels strange when applied, almost gritty. It’s super runny and i feel like more ends up on the bathroom floor than my face. I also dislike the packaging. It’s cheap and the cap is a pain to take on and off.
Overall I am really unimpressed with this product.
Have you had better luck?
I haven’t really discussed perfume a lot here. I’m not sure why as I do enjoy scents. Lately I’ve become obsessed with Viva la Juicy.
I’ve been dousing myself with it on the regular. Every time I pop into Sephora, or anywhere perfume is sold, I just have to try it out. It’s a bit young I suppose, but I never act my age so it’s fine. I finally caved and picked up a roller ball at Macy’s yesterday. I regret nothing. It’s great for popping in your purse, but I think it’s also pretty enough to leave out on your counter.
The scent is warm and sweet. It has top notes of berries, mandarin, honey suckle, jasmin, and gardenia. It’s underlaid with caramel, amber, sandalwood, vanilla, and praline (www.juicycouture.com). YUM. The lasting power of this perfume is ok, 3 to 4 hours I’d say. I think this is a scent that works well for winter and summer.
What are some of your favourite perfumes?
Aloha! Guess where I am lovelies! Hawaii! It’s so nice here; I fit right in.
Anyway, yesterday, true to form, I used my bloodhound-like shopping instincts to find a mall here in Honolulu. I walked for about an hour and a half to find it. I may be a shopaholic. I had to pick up a few indulgences neccessities. On a whim I grabbed a bottle of the Vanilla Puff Dusting Powder from Lush (I needed change for the trolley). I’ve been semi-curious about this product for a while.
It’s interesting. You sprinkle it on clean, dry skin and smooth it. It’s a little messy but not terrible. It does leave the skin feeling soft and pleasantly dry, if that makes sense. You can also sprinkle it on your sheets to keep them fresh. The scent is really unusual. It’s vanilla with jasmine. I’m not really a floral girl but I like this. It’s kind of spicy. There is also a vanilla pod in each little tub! It does leave the skin lightly scented for a few hours, but it’s not too strong.
Overall I enjoy this product and, while it’s certainly not a necessity, it’s a nice treat.
Are you a Lush girl?